How can your nonprofit benefit from charity auctions? Join #fundchat on Wednesday, May 11 from 12-1pm EST for “Making Your Charity Auction a Million Dollar Success.” We’ll delve into the details of how to make the most of these events from conception, to planning, and implementation. We’ll be joined by @CharityBids who will share their experiences in working with clients. (Note: This is not a commercially-sponsored edition of #fundchat!)
Guiding Questions About Charity Auctions
- Q1 Who should be on the auction planning committee?
- Q2 What are the biggest challenges an org. will face when planning an auction?
- Q3 Why is consignment the way-to-go for a charity auction?
- Q4 How many consignment items should be made available for bidding at the event?
- Q5 How can an org engage people who are not coming to the auction event?
- Q6 How can an org create greater interest at the event and increase revenue?
Ensure a Successful #fundchat
- Share this post with your social networks! Invite your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Suggest questions that we should ask during the chat to guide the discussion (use the comments section below).
- Review the question line-up for the discussion. We typically post these guiding questions the morning of the chat.
- Participate in the conversation. Don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag. You can also use our live discussion page.
#fundchat is a regular conversation on Twitter (typically moderated by @brendankinney) where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is easy. Use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EST to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet.