Click here to review the transcript!
Want tips on how to leverage social media to build on the success of your special events? Curious about strategies before, during, and after events to maximize communication potential, build buzz, raise funds and steward donors?
Then “tune-in” from 12-1 p.m. EDT on April 20 when Lisa Chmiola, CFRE and Josh Hirsch take over moderating duties for this special edition of #fundchat! Fresh off their #sm4events presentation at the AFP International Conference, they’ll lead discussion on which social media tools are best for event strategy, and take your questions and comments on how to make the most of your social presence for your events.
Lisa M. Chmiola, CFRE (@houdatlisa) has nearly 15 years’ development experience, and has been involved in philanthropic social media strategies since 2009. She’s built on her education in journalism and public relations and used this communication background to help tell the stories of nonprofit supporters. Lisa has also served in many social media volunteer capacities, including the Houston Marathon Ambassadors and the AFPeeps.
Josh Hirsch (@JoshHirsch1) has worked in the nonprofit sector since 2006 with a focus on educational philanthropy. He has an extensive background in social media, digital communications, and marketing along with experience in grants, individual giving, special event planning, stewardship and cultivation of donors. Josh is a member of the AFPeeps.
A new question will be posted every 10 minutes during the chat to keep the discussion flowing:
- Q1 What is your go-to platform or app for your organization’s special events?
- Q2 How do you engage supporters prior to your event?
- Q3 How do you use social media during your event?
- Q4 How about after the event? How are you engaging supporters on social media?
- Q5 What is the biggest challenge to implementing social media use into your event?
- Q6 (Bonus) Brag about a social media success related to your event…
Here’s what you can do to ensure a successful #fundchat:
- Share this post with your social networks! Invite your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Suggest questions that we should ask during the chat to guide the discussion (use the comments section below).
- Review the question line-up for the discussion. We typically post these guiding questions the morning of the chat.
- Participate in the conversation. Don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag. You can also use our live discussion page.
#fundchat is a regular conversation on Twitter (typically moderated by @brendankinney) where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is easy. Use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EST to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet.