Click here for the transcript!
Has your nonprofit tapped into the power of social media for fundraising? That’s what I thought. There’s a lot of advice out there about how to turn likes, tweets, and shares into cash for your organization. But success with social media fundraising has proven elusive. As NPR reported in December, the nonprofit world hasn’t figured it out yet:
The issue strikes a chord with the digital fundraising experts I interviewed. They say charities, advocacy groups and political campaigns are naturally captivated by the promise of the booming social networks, but the payout realities are far more complicated.
But surely we have learned something about how to leverage social media to bolster your fundraising efforts. Join #fundchat on Wednesday, April 13, from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. EST for, “Turning Tweets & Likes Into Donations For Your Nonprofit.”
During #fundchat, a guiding question will be posted every 10 minutes. Here is the line-up for this week:
- Q1 In your experience, what are the most effective social media platforms for nonprofit fundraising?
- Q2 Where does social media fit in your overall approach to fundraising and do you have a deliberate strategy?
- Q3 Snapchat, Instagram, Tumblr…what social platform are you experimenting with and how is it going?
- Q4 What metrics do you monitor to determine success in social media?
- Q5 The three keys to successful fundraising via social media are…
Here’s what you can do to ensure a successful #fundchat:
- Share this post with your social networks! Invite your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Suggest questions that we should ask during the chat to guide the discussion (use the comments section below).
- Review the question line-up for the discussion. We typically post these guiding questions the morning of the chat.
- Participate in the conversation. Don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag. You can also use our live discussion page.
#fundchat is a regular conversation on Twitter where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is easy. Use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EST to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet.