With December in the rear-view mirror, many nonprofits turn their attention to creating an annual report to share their success from the previous year as well as an accounting of their fundraising efforts and a list of donors.
Let’s put aside the debate of whether or not to even produce an annual report and instead discuss how to make the most of this stewardship opportunity for your nonprofit.
Join with other nonprofit professionals on Wednesday, January 13 from 12-1 pm EST to discuss how to “Create a Winning Nonprofit Annual Report.”
Here’s what you can do to ensure a successful #fundchat:
- Share this post with your social networks! Invite your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Suggest questions that we should ask during the chat to guide the discussion (use the comments section below).
- Review the question line-up for the discussion. We typically post these guiding questions the morning of the chat.
- Participate in the conversation. Don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag. You can also use our live discussion page.
Every 10 minutes during #fundchat, we’ll post a question to help guide the discussion:
- Q1 Based on your experience, what is your impression of most #nonprofit annual reports?
- Q2 What to look for when you’re searching for a company to design your org’s annual report. (via @telegrahams18)
- Q3 Digital vs. print. One is cheaper, but Is one method more effective?
- Q4 Is anyone else concerned about shrinking donor rolls & what do those giving categories mean? (via @SoleSearcherPR)
- Q5 Does your annual report answer the question, “So what?” (inspired by @kivilm)
#fundchat is a regular conversation on Twitter where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is easy. Use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EST to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet. You can also use our live discussion page or Nurph.