Summer. A chance to kick back, unplug, and let your hair down. We all need a summer vacation to rest and recharge, but does that mean our fundraising can afford to take a holiday too?
For fundraisers, summertime is a time of anxiety and frustration. While our donors are getting some well deserved R and R, we fret over meeting our fundraising goals and carrying out much needed mini-campaigns as the fiscal year comes to a close!
How can we best engage our donors and supporters during this time of year? Do we just throw up our hands and close up shop for the summer months? #fundchat is back from its own summer vacation and can’t wait to get the whole gang back together!
Join #fundchat on Wednesday, September 2, from 12-1 p.m. EST for “How To Stay Engaged With Donors During Summer Vacation.” Share your tips and ideas or general philosophy about connecting and soliciting your donors during the summer. Many thanks to @JoshHirsch1 for suggesting this topic!
Here’s the guiding question line-up (one posted about every 10 minutes during the chat):
- Q1 With summer coming to a close, how did your fundraising efforts fare? Better than expected? Worse?
- Q2 Should we keep our powder dry and pull back on significant fundraising activities over the summer? Why or why not?
- Q3 What types of fundraising strategies do you employ over the summer? Are they different than any other time of year?
- Q4 How do you try to engage summer residents who live in your geographic area? What’s the best way to reach these potential supporters?
- Q5 What is your number one lesson learned about summer fundraising (perhaps the hard way)?
Here’s what you can do to ensure a successful #fundchat:
- Share this post with your social networks! Invite your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Suggest questions that we should ask during the chat to guide the discussion (use the comments section below).
- Review the question line-up for the discussion. We typically post these guiding questions the night before the chat.
- Participate in the conversation. Don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag. You can also use our live discussion page.
#fundchat is a weekly conversation on Twitter where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is easy. Use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EST to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet. You can also use our live discussion page or Nurph.