The topic of fundraising can be so dead serious. It’s time to lighten things up and talk about how to put the “fun” back in fundraising! This week’s #fundchat topic comes courtesy of Preeti Gill (@Preeti_Things)
— Preeti Gill (@Preeti_Things) March 27, 2014
So join the #fundchat community on Wednesday, April 2, from 12-1 p.m. EST for “Let’s Put The ‘Fun’ Back In Fundraising.” Share your tips, ideas, and advice for adding a little levity to your appeals and outreach. Given the nature of the many needs our nonprofits serve, it can be a tricky balance.
Here’s how you can help prep for this week’s edition of #fundchat:
- Share this post with your social networks! Invite your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Suggest questions that we should ask during the chat to guide the discussion (use the comments section below).
- Review the question line-up for the discussion. We typically post these guiding questions the morning of the chat.
- Participate in the conversation. Don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag. You can also use our live discussion page.
Here is this week’s question line-up:
- Q1 Why are we fundraisers so serious anyway?
- Q2 What are some ways to make fundraising events more fun AND memorable?
- Q3 Do you need “permission” to add humor to your efforts? Make the argument…go!
- Q4 Can humor (funny) play a role in your fundraising efforts? How do you walk that fine line?
- Q5 How critical is organizational culture to infusing more fun into your fundraising?
#fundchat is a weekly conversation on Twitter where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is easy. Use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EDT to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet. You can also use our live discussion page.