Transcript now available! Click here.
What are your favorite myths about nonprofit fundraising? Here are some of mine:
- Extroverts make the best fundraisers.
- Social media is great because it’s free!
- This message will really resonate with Millennials.
- Board members are willing and able to raise money.
If you are laughing out loud, then you won’t want to miss this week’s edition of #fundchat: “Debunking the Myths of Nonprofit Fundraising,” on Wednesday, March 19 from 12-1 pm EST.
Join a discussion of some of your “favorite” fundraising myths and what, if anything, we can do about them! To help prepare for the conversation, share some choice fundraising myths in the comments below.
Here’s the question line-up for the chat. What do you think? Share your ideas in the comments below:
- Q1 What, in your opinion, is the biggest myth about nonprofit fundraising?
- Q2 Myth or reality? You don’t wait for the “right” moment to ask; you ask now…
- Q3 Myth or reality? Older donors don’t give via mobile or online; save that techie stuff for the Millennials…
- Q4 How can we debunk myths like these (or should we even bother)?
- Q5 What is one truth you wish more people knew about fundraising (or fundraisers?)
Here’s how you can help prep for this week’s edition of #fundchat:
- Share this post with your social networks! Invite your colleagues to join the conversation.
- Suggest questions that we should ask during the chat to guide the discussion (use the comments section below).
- Review the question line-up for the discussion. We typically post these guiding questions the morning of the chat.
- Participate in the conversation. Don’t forget to follow and use the hashtag. You can also use our live discussion page.
#fundchat is a weekly conversation on Twitter where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is easy. Use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EDT to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet. You can also use our live discussion page.