Click here for the transcript.
Have you ever said to yourself: “If we could only figure out how to tap into the seemingly unlimited potential of online giving, we could really increase our impact on the community.”?
You are not alone.
But the idea of launching an online campaign that gains traction and produces big results for your nonprofit seems daunting. Enter The Knight Foundation (@knightfdn). They have just published a comprehensive, step-by-step resource for planning, implementing, and measuring online “Giving Days.”
Join #fundchat on Wednesday, September 18, 2013 from 12-1 p.m. EST for the conversation, “How To Capture Online Contributions Through A Giving Day.”
This conversation will include questions for the authors but also an opportunity to connect with others about issues that you have faced in trying to capture online donors or questions you have about navigating the details of a successful effort.
Here’s the question line-up for this edition of #fundchat. We’ll ask the authors to chime in and then the community is invited to discuss and/or ask follow-up questions:
- Q1 Is a robust social media presence for your org a prerequisite for having a winning #GivingDays effort?
- Q2 What are the ballpark hard & soft costs associated with organizing a Giving Day and the best time to have one?
- Q3 How does multi-channel effort fit (or not) with a Giving Day strategy?
- Q4 Do #GivingDays make sense for “mature” fundraising operations/institutions? Can this approach work for all orgs?
- Q5 If an org could only do the bare minimum, which aspects of the #GivingDays playbook should they follow?
Here’s how you can help prep for this exciting session of #fundchat:
- Spread the word! Share this blog post on your social networks and invite your colleagues to join the chat.
- Provide input. Offer your ideas for questions that will guide our discussion by using the comments section below. Check back here before the chat to preview the final question line-up!
- Participate! Join the conversation by following the hashtag or use our live discussion page. You can also try using Tweetchat.
#fundchat is a weekly conversation on Twitter where experts share and discuss topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is a snap. Just use our live discussion page to follow the conversation. When you want to offer a comment or question, the form will auto-fill the hashtag for you. Alternatively, you can use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EDT to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet.