Posted by Brendan Kinney
Moderator of #fundchat
One fundraiser laments how much time social media takes, inferring that she’s not entirely convinced of the payoff, especially with a small staff and limited resources. I don’t think she’s alone, do you?
Join #fundchat on Wednesday, June 13 at 12 pm EDT for a conversation about “Helping Nonprofits Manage Their Social Media Presence.”
Here is the line-up of questions:
- How much time does it take for your nonprofit to manage its social media presence and who’s responsible for it?
- If you had to pick just one social media platform for your organization, what would it be and why?
- What are some tools and tricks that you use to better manage social media?
- Are your social media efforts aligned with your overall marketing or does it exist as a separate effort?
- What kinds of success have you had with using social media for fundraising? Please share specific examples!
#fundchat is a weekly conversation on Twitter where experts from across the U.S. (and even the world) share, advise, and even consult on topics related to nonprofit fundraising and marketing. Joining #fundchat is a snap. Just use our live discussion page to follow the conversation. When you want to offer a comment or question, the form will auto-fill the hashtag for you. Alternatively, you can use your favorite Twitter client to follow the hashtag (#fundchat!) during 12 – 1 pm EDT to see the conversation in action. When chiming in, be sure to include the hashtag in your tweet. If you are new, you should also check out our participation guidelines.