While it’s true that the topic of policies usually prompt snores from the back of the room, any fundraiser worth his or her salt gets a jolt of adrenaline with the subject of Gift Acceptance Policies comes up around the water cooler.
Join the conversation on Twitter by following the #fundchat hashtag. The Twitter chat takes place on Wednesday, June 29 at 9 p.m. EST. You can participate using your Twitter client of choice, or you can go to http://twebevent.com/fundchat to keep up with the action and offer your insights and advice.
Here’s the line-up of questions for this week’s #fundchat:
- What fundraising policies should every non-profit have?
- If you don’t have “key policies” in place, what are the biggest obstacles in doing so?
- Do you have a policy about sharing donor data with volunteers?
- What are the most important elements of a gift acceptance policy?
- Are stewardship and/or recognition policies (i.e. in-kind, pledges, donor rolls) important and why?
- Does your organization have a “return policy” for donations? How do you handle such requests?
- Do you have a policy about anonymous donors and what does it include (internal and external)?
- Can you describe a situation where you were glad you had a particular policy in place (or wished that you had!)?
Thanks also to the many participants of #fundchat…please spread the word and invite your colleagues to join us this week!